The Alfa Fellowship Program online application must be submitted by 11:59PM on December 1 and all supporting documents must arrive by the same date. In order to gain access to the online application system, please click on the "Apply Now" button on the left to fill out an application request.
Supporting documents to be uploaded by applicant with the online application:
- Current resume/CV
- Statement of objectives and goals (two-page maximum), including career aspirations and anticipated benefits of participation in the Alfa Fellowship Program for both you and host institutions. The statement must also include realistic proposals for specific institutions you believe would be appropriate for your professional assignment.
- Russian writing sample (one-page maximum) on a topic of your choice. If you do not speak Russian, please submit a statement in English detailing other languages in which you are proficient, and when and where you acquired those languages skills
Other supporting documents:
- Official graduate transcripts: these may either be uploaded by your university’s registrar, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the registrar, or mailed directly to the Alfa Fellowship Program in a sealed envelope
- Undergraduate transcripts (optional): if you feel it would be in your favor for the Selection Committee to review your undergraduate transcript, please upload it with the online application. Please note: If you do not have a graduate degree completed or in progress, then you must submit an official undergraduate transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from someone who knows you in a professional capacity): either submitted by the recommender through the online system or mailed in a sealed envelope to the Alfa Fellowship Program
Please mail any hard copy materials to the following address:
Attn: Alfa Fellowship Program
440 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Application and Selection
Selection for the Alfa Fellowship Program will be conducted on a competitive basis. A joint Russian-U.S.-U.K. Selection Committee will nominate up to fifteen Americans and Britons to be awarded Alfa Fellowships at selection interviews held in New York City for U.S. candidates and in Oxford for U.K. candidates. Please see the Program Year tab for additional details.
Notifications of selection will be sent within several weeks of completing the selection interviews.